Schools out - formal and informal education in the digital world
- 23.11.12 - 25.11.12
9.00 - 19.00
- Heinz Nixdorf MuseumsForum
33102 Paderborn, Germany
- Gesellschaft für Medienpädagogik und Kommunikationskultur
- Seminar leader:
33602 Bielefeld, Germany
Tel: 0521/677 88
The Association for Media Education and Communication Culture (GMK) invites to the 29th Forum Communications Culture in Paderborn.
Digital media fundamentally change learning and education. Affected by the change are educational processes in schools, kindergartens, youth centers and other places of learning. This entails new ways of learning, creativity and exchange. Mobile media are making education possible anywhere. Is learning in school out against this background or may the school even benefit from it? How can digital media inspire informal learning?
Workshops, discussions and a current formative GMKcamp provide an opportunity to discuss the subject of the conference in various fields of practice and research.
The transfer of various abilities is necessary to make new media available to everyone. The GMK symposium addresses the following questions:
- What characterizes learning today and which role do new media play in it?
- Which kind of media literacy do children need?
- How can we protect them against the dangers of the Internet?
- How can we use digital media to improve learning processes?
With introductory notes from:
- Prof. Dr. Bardo Herzig/Sandra Aßmann about delimitation of school in the digital world
- Dr. Benjamin Jörissen about media-based articulation and media education
- Prof. Dr. Denise Manahan Vaughan about memory building in the brain
- Prof. Dr. Franz Josef Röll about the field of tension between organised education and new forms of learning
For further information please see (only in German): www.gmk-net.de
Available on the website since November 16, 2012