Symposium "Love, sex, friendship and digital media"
10:30 - 17:00
Programm und Online-Anmeldung: ab Anfang August auf www.gmk-net.de.
33602 Bielefeld, Germany
- Gesellschaft für Medienpädagogik und Kommunikationskultur (GMK)
- Attendance fee:
- Es wird kein Teilnahmebeitrag erhoben.
Relationships and sexuality of adolescents today are closely connected to medial activity. Children and youths use social networks and mobile communication intensely to maintain friendships, to present themselves and to meet new people. Furthermore, pornography and erotic communication are part of the everyday life of many young people. The social media's dark side is represented by cyber bullying.
Digital media offer various options but also new risks which needs to be picked up pedagogically.
The NRW symposium by the Society for Media Education and Communication Culture (Gesellschaft für Medienpädagogik und Kommunikationskultur [GMK]) focuses on the following questions from science and practice:
- Which role do digital media play in the development of sexuality and relationships of adolescents today?
- How can children and youths be supported on their way to a responsible usage of digital media?
- Which are suitable methods of youth media work to aid girls and boys in designing relationships?
- What is the legal situation regarding bullying, stalking, insulting and personal rights in digital media?
- How can (media) pedagogy cope with the current challenges actively and creatively?
Impulses from science, practice workshops, discussions and legal information contribute to these questions.
Two practice workshops from media pedagogical and sex educational perspektive display methods how adolescents can be supported in dealing with this life topic.
Further information can be found - only in German - under: www.gmk-net.de
Available on the website since August 02, 2013